Edgbaston Priory Club and Edgbaston Park Hotel have launched an 18-month partnership which is set to enhance the experience for club members and hotel guests as well as players and spectators at high-profile tennis and squash tournaments hosted at the Club.
As Edgbaston Priory Club’s Accommodation Partner, Edgbaston Park Hotel will offer exclusive rates on rooms, conference spaces and events for members with a dedicated concierge service.
A private members’ racquets and leisure club, Edgbaston Priory Club also plays host to major tennis and squash tournaments including the Birmingham Classic tennis tournament, the British Squash Open and the British Junior Open. The Club and Hotel will be working closely to promote the hotel to players and visitors to these tournaments.
In addition, Edgbaston Park Hotel will become members of the Club’s Fairlight Business Networking Club and have the opportunity to promote the hotel at high profile events at Edgbaston Priory Club.
As Matt Rawnsley, Chief Executive of Edgbaston Priory Club says:
“As close neighbours, it made sense for us to forge a closer working relationship to enhance the experience for our members whilst driving business for the hotel, particularly around our major tennis and squash tournaments.
“In addition, there are lots of exciting ideas in development for working together to enhance employee training around customer experience.”
Billy Harris, Head of Commercial at Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre, added:
“We are looking forward to working with our neighbours at Edgbaston Priory Club throughout the next 18 months, welcoming members and employees plus spectators and players from all over the UK and the world to our hotel.”
For further information contact Julie O’Hare at email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
More about Edgbaston Priory Club
- With a history dating back to the birth of lawn tennis, Edgbaston Priory Club is a private members’ club offering members outstanding racquets and leisure facilities and a vibrant social community set in a beautiful grounds in the heart of Edgbaston.
- The Club hosts international tennis and squash tournaments attracting the world’s best players. These include:
- The British Squash Open 9th – 16th April – one of the most prestigious and historic tournaments in professional squash.
- The Rothesay Classic (17th – 25th June) which attracts the world’s top female tennis players as they prepare for The Championships, Wimbledon.
- The British Junior Open (January 2024) the world’s most prestigious junior squash tournament, which is the de facto world championships for the younger age groups.
- Edgbaston Priory Club plays a leading role in inspiring the local community to be active and play racquet sport through tennis and squash programmes offered in the club, local schools and parks.
More about Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre
Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre is the University of Birmingham’s hotel, and is part of the University of Birmingham. It’s a Preferred Hotel, and is also a member of Historic Hotels Worldwide®.
Opened in 2018, Edgbaston Park Hotel features a contemporary building housing 185 bedrooms, 3 serviced apartments, restaurant, bar and a variety of meeting facilities, all in a peaceful leafy spot on campus. Guests have complimentary access to the University’s top class Sport & Fitness centre with 50m pool and gym.
Two historic buildings which were bequeathed to the University are also part of the hotel, and have been tastefully restored: Hornton Grange, a 1928 redbrick former family home; and Garth House, a Grade II-listed Arts and Crafts building built in 1900.
The intellectual, scientific and cultural achievements of the University of Birmingham are honoured in the hotel’s room names, from ground-breaking obstetrician Dame Hilda Lloyd to pioneering prison reformer Margery Fry. The 1900 restaurant is named for the University’s founding date.