We are delighted to be reopening our Bar, Bistro and Family Lounge, under the management of our new in-house Food and Beverage team, headed up by Ryan Flloyd (pictured above).
We already have some exciting new initiatives in place, which include:
- Quarter Horse Coffee, a local independent coffee roaster based on Bristol Road Birmingham, will be supplying our coffee beans from the 4th July. Quarter Horse are one of the few coffee roasters in the country to roast in-house and we are very excited to be able to offer their exceptional coffee at the Club.
- We have a new bread and bakery supplier based in the Midlands who will be supplying us with delicious, hand crafted bakery products including artisan loaves, baguettes and pastries.
- Authentic Italian stone baked pizzas will be on the menu from 4th July. Initially we will offer three varieties, including the classic Margherita, Pepperoni and Vegetarian with more options to be made available in the future.
There are many more plans in the pipeline, but for now we are focused on welcoming everyone back to the clubhouse and keeping you Covid-secure. Below is an outline of the key points you need to know before coming down to the clubhouse.
WHEN WILL THE BAR AND BISTRO BE OPEN?
As with our reopening for tennis, we will begin with a soft opening, with slightly reduced hours:
- Monday – Friday 10am – 8.30pm (food available from 10am until 8pm)
- Saturday & Sunday 9am – 6pm (food available until 5.30pm)
These opening hours allow us to ensure all safety measures are in place to meet demand under Covid-19 restrictions. We will continue to review these times based on member feedback and Government guidance.
OUR OPENING MENU
Our opening menu offers a range of breakfast, snacks, main meals and bar bites and includes many of your firm favourites as well as more healthy options and pizzas as mentioned above.
We will continue to review the menu in response to your feedback and expand as restrictions are lifted.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE CLUBHOUSE?
If you plan to come down to the Bar and Bistro, please enter the club grounds via the Priory Road entrance. You will be required to register with security and show your membership card. You will also be required to undertake a temperature check.
A one-way system will be in place to ensure social distancing. Entry and exits to the Bar and Bistro will be via the pathway leading from centre court behind courts 21 and 22. There will be signage in place and plenty of staff on site to help.
In order to comply with the Government’s track and trace programme, you will be required to check in with your member card when you first arrive in the Bar and provide the details of everyone in your party.
This is compulsory – for ‘track and trace’ to operate, we are required to maintain records of members who have visited the bar and bistro for 21 days.
DO I NEED TO RESERVE A TABLE?
We will be operating a table reservation service for indoor tables only. However, it is not a requirement as a small number of tables indoors will be available for walk-ins each day and there will be no reservations on outdoor tables. We have arranged all our tables and chairs in all available spaces, including the function room, to provide plenty of availability within the social distancing guidelines. For those who prefer, we will also be operating a take-away service.
Reservations for members only may be made through our Booking App.
WHO CAN I SIT AT A TABLE WITH?
The Government guidelines state that indoor gatherings should only occur in groups of up to two households (including support bubbles). Outdoor gatherings can occur in groups of up to two households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We have worked extremely hard to implement Covid-19 secure measures for your safety, and well-being and we are delighted to have received accreditation from Visit England that we are Covid-19 compliant.
These measures include:
- Social distancing floor signage
- Signage in place to ensure that social distancing guidance is being followed in queues and as you navigate the Bar & Bistro.
- Screen guards at till points and collection points are in place to protect members and staff.
- The full complement of our seating has been re-arranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
- We will no longer be accepting cash, however you can pay with your member card, contactless or chip and pin with your payment card of choice.
- Enhanced cleaning includes more frequent and thorough cleaning routines throughout the Bar & Bistro, with extra controls in toilet facilities.
- Stations offering sanitising gels and wipes with our compliments will be available at allocated points.
- Our food and drinks menu will be disposable and disposable cutlery is also available should you prefer.
- Food will be prepared under strict food handling regimes in line with Covid-secure guidelines by our chef team.
- Where possible the sliding doors will remain open to enhance air flow around the seating areas.
These are strange times for us all. However, we have worked hard to be ready to welcome you back to enjoy the clubhouse, events lawn and patio areas and we are as excited to reopen as we trust you are to return.